Another healthy treat with plenty of fiber, protein from almond, healing spices that aid digestion, are antibacterial, and help with constipation and gas. Orange oil helps digest fats. All in a tasty little ball.
MAKES: 36-40 balls
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 drops orange essential oil
- Unsweetened, dried coconut to roll
- In food processor bowl fitted with knife blade combine almond meal, prunes, apricots, orange zest, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, salt and orange oil. Blend until a thoroughly combined.
- Spread coconut flakes on a plate (or piece of waxed paper).
- With two teaspoons form small (walnut sized) balls and drop into coconut. Roll between hands into balls. Store in refrigerator.